PADI ADVANCED OPEN WATER DIVER
Continuing Education Course Info
EXPAND YOUR DIVING SKILLS
Minimum age 15 years old (12 years old for juniors).
Certified as PADI (Junior) Open Water-Diver or an equivalent entry-level diver license from other training organization.
Pre-assessment of diving skills (at discretion of the instructor) through the Scuba Review Program.
Completing the Medical statement ‘’Fit to dive” before joining the course.
What is Advanced Open Water Diver Course?
PADI Advanced Diver course is a step further than Open Water Diver. It’s not designed to make the diver an expert – rather, to give an initial introduction of what more specialized diving activities have to offer. The PADI Advanced program is designed to be short and simple, with a focus on practical application rather than theory and knowledge development. This level of diver certification is a prerequisite to several PADI Specialties and to Rescue Diver level.
The complete course consists of:
Five open water training dives, usually done over a weekend in Pulau Seribu (Thousand Islands). Two “core” dives: Underwater Navigation and Deep Diving and three elective dives to be agreed upon with your PADI Instructor. Popular choices are: Drift Diving, Wreck Diving, Underwater Naturalist, and Buoyancy Control.
Course Fee: IDR. 3,050,000,-
The price includes:
1. PADI modular scuba instruction by one of our PADI Instructors, using the latest original PADI teaching materials (video, tables, quizzes & exams, etc.). Bring your own stationary.
2. Complete original PADI Advanced Open Water Diver level student package (Manual, Deluxe Data Carrier, Log Book, Student Record File, Wall Certificate, PIC).
3. Scuba Equipment rental for the full duration of the course: mask and snorkel, BCD, regulators, gauges, wetsuit, scuba tanks, lead weights and fins.
4. Underwater Torch.
5. Your diver license (will be a PADI Gold Card).
The price does not include:
1. Training trip to Pulau Seribu, normally over the weekend: 2 days/1 night accommodation (twin sharing basis), boat transfers, full meals, dive boat, 5x Advanced Open Water training dives.
2. Single supplement charge on Thousand Islands (for student who prefers to occupay the room by him/herself, or in a circumstance where there is no other participant to share the room with): IDR 700,000,-
We can choose one of the following islands to complete your training with Open Water portion (availability dependent:
1. Putri Island: IDR 3,100,000,- (with minimum 6 participants).
2. Sepa Island: IDR 2,825,000,- (with minimum 4 participants).
3. Pramuka Island: IDR 2,200,000,- (with minimum 2 participants).
Students who wish to bring along friends for the weekend trip need to inform our staff in advance. Only certified divers are accepted, at current diver rate (divers will need to show their certification, bring the log book, fill in and sign a release form). Non-diving or snorkeling friends are welcome to join, at current non-diver rate.
Terms and conditions:
Confirm enrollment by paying in full the whole course fee at least 1 day prior to the actual date of the course.
No refund is provided for the “course portion” if students decide not to join the open water “training-trip portion”.
Cancellation on “training-trip portion” after 12pm two days before the actual departure date will be charged non-diver price which is determined by the resort management (IDR.1,800,000,- for Thousand Islands destination).
Although we provide complete equipment as integrated part of this course, students are strongly recommended to have their own diving equipment and basic gears (mask, snorkel, fins, and wetsuit) for their convenience. Students can buy diving equipment at our dive shop with 15% student discount (only for our students).
HOW TO PREPARE YOUR AOWD COURSE:
Sign up and get your PADI Adventures in Diving Manual which gives you valuable information regarding popular diver specilaties. You don’t have to read all of them before the course, but you are required to read at least the following two moduls well before the course starts: Underwater Navigation and Deep Diving. Please check with your instructor what the other three dives in the course is and what to prepare. After finishing the required reading material, answer the Knowledge Review questions at the end of each chapters.